Monday, October 26, 2009

The Facebook Stalker

Facebook is indeed a very useful social utility. Not only can you stalk people, you can find out when someone you had previously been stalking has removed you from their friends list - possibly due to excessive stalking, or a proliferation of comments that were totally inappropriate and probably offensive when read by their girlfriend.

I have two comments to make about Facebook for today:
  1. The Vet has had every opportunity to add me as a friend and has not. This suggests he doesn't want to stalk me which, bizarrely, also means he doesn't want to sleep with me. Epic fail.
  2. I decided to check in on Rugby.
You may be thinking I did this because I was having regrets. I am still at the grand total of zero regrets, so never fear. I stalked out of curiousity, and to see whether he'd made some ridiculous comment about how "fucked" women are, or to see a public notice that he'd harmed himself on the weekend.*

Nothing.

Instead I saw what could only be described as a Rugby-Loving looking woman (from her profile picture, which of course I stalked) referencing the "footy" season and making suggestive comments about her, some rum, him and a pub. I firmly believe that one of the best ways to get over someone is to get under someone else, so for his sake I hope he catches up with her quickly. I think she will probably take care of the rest.
Thank you, Facebook.

* Rugby had rather pitifully whined (via email) that he has been "pretty down about a lot of stuff lately" and that this somehow explains his thumb's inability to stay in his pocket, rather than pressed rather insistently on the "call" button of his phone. To me, this was another "run for the hills" indicator (I'm sorry, but I have a preference for happy people), and - to be blunt - the final nail in the coffin.

2 comments:

  1. Not adding you as a friend on facebook doesn't mean he doesn't want to sleep with you (trust me!). Still, not ideal.
    No doubt Rugby is totally stalking your facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... If I was really evil, I could start leaving status updates about how many dates I've been on. But I can't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete